When you watch rugby sevens it’s not going to surprise people to hear it’s the most physically demanding sport I have ever witnessed. Just look at a standard tournament: 6 14-minute matches over two days in hot conditions. Look at each match: players average 1.5 kilometers of ground covered at 115 meters/minute, along with many collisions and contacts thrown in. In each match players reach high acceleration speeds of over 8 meters/second several times. In simple terms, it’s a stressful sport with up to 14 minutes of maximal effort 6 times over two days. Most people who know the sport are familiar with this, however one hidden stressor added on top of all of this is the extreme travel involved with the Sevens World Series.
http://www.hmmrmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/travel1.png 257 427 Nick Lumley http://www.hmmrmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/hmmr_logo_red.png Nick Lumley2016-12-21 09:11:502016-12-23 23:01:24Overcoming Long-Haul Travel For Sporting Performance
Latest on HMMR Media
- GAINcast Episode 70: Peak Performance Part 1 (with Brad Stulberg and Steve Magness)June 22, 2017 - 09:37
- Creating a Strength Plan for RunnersJune 21, 2017 - 05:25
- 2017 USATF Championships Women’s Throws GuideJune 21, 2017 - 05:25
- 2017 USATF Championships Men’s Throws GuideJune 20, 2017 - 10:01
- HMMR Podcast Episode 107: Performance Nutrition (with Kyle Pfaffenbach)June 19, 2017 - 05:44