Recently, I was having a discussion with Nick Garcia about velocity and bands, and an interesting point came up—one that I have heard from time to time—and thought I’d address it. When utilizing resistance bands for squatting, they are most often used in one of two ways: as a resistive force or as an assistive force. Each has its own unique stimulus on the body and can be utilized for different means. The purpose of this article is to discuss how and why to use which style of band loading in training for athletes.
http://www.hmmrmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2001/09/bands_fitness.jpg 735 980 Bryan Mann http://www.hmmrmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/hmmr_logo_red.png Bryan Mann2016-10-19 04:06:252016-10-20 08:02:09Getting the Most From Assisted and Resisted Bands
Latest on HMMR Media
- GAINcast Episode 70: Peak Performance Part 1 (with Brad Stulberg and Steve Magness)June 22, 2017 - 09:37
- Creating a Strength Plan for RunnersJune 21, 2017 - 05:25
- 2017 USATF Championships Women’s Throws GuideJune 21, 2017 - 05:25
- 2017 USATF Championships Men’s Throws GuideJune 20, 2017 - 10:01
- HMMR Podcast Episode 107: Performance Nutrition (with Kyle Pfaffenbach)June 19, 2017 - 05:44