Every so often Vern Gambetta, a mentor, colleague, as well as contributor here on HMMR Media, comes to Oregon on business. We always find time to grab a cup of coffee and chat – for hours and hours. What I enjoy most about Vern is he’s honest, transparent, curious, and humble. He has more questions than answers, but much of what he does know, I do not. I always leave our coffee talks having learned and questioned more about the art of coaching than from any conference, clinic, or continuing education course. When he was in town recently our discussion centered around culture in athletics. The good. The bad. And the ugly.
Latest on HMMR Media
- Last Week in Oregon – Observations & LessonsFebruary 10, 2016 - 14:14
- Understanding Culture in AthleticsFebruary 10, 2016 - 08:19
- Athletics: Is the price you pay worth it?February 9, 2016 - 11:57
- HMMR Podcast Episode 36: Strength and Endurance (with Steve Magness)February 7, 2016 - 17:20
- Specificity is not SpecializationFebruary 7, 2016 - 09:41